06 March 2012

TED talks: A Great Story

I think that I've always loved to tell stories. I was an only child until I was 8 years old, when my little brother was born. So for those first 8 years of my life, I had to be creative about how I'd keep myself entertained and not bug my mom every 10 minutes with my whining, "I'm boooooreedddd." (Her response? "Hi, Board, I'm nail! It'd drive me crazy).

I have memories of talking to myself, playing House and Store, and eventually having some imaginary friends. I remember after I saw Harriet the Spy I pulled out my raincoat and notebook and tried to spy on my neighbors in the adjacent apartment buildings.

I came across this TED talk from their Facebook page.. and while the speaker, Andrew Stanton seems to be promoting his new film, it does relate to great story-telling. As a person who wants to write and tell stories to make a living, I found this to be very inspirational and helpful in my endeavor! Watch & let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment