23 February 2012

I love starch


Crispy Potato Bowl

1 medium potato (I like Yukon Gold) diced
Olive oil
1 large egg
1 strip bacon, cooked until crisp
A few spoonfuls diced avocado (1/4 to 1/2 per person, depending on size -- of person and avocado)
Salsa, maybe 
Parboil the potato(es) until just tender. Drain. (I tend to do a few at a time, the night before. I drizzle them with olive oil and season them up with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.)
Come breakfast time, heat a generous glug of olive oil in a roomy saute pan (I use nonstick). When hot, add the cold diced potatoes and saute until crisp and browned. Check seasonings. Transfer to your favorite breakfast bowl. Add a bit more olive oil to the same pan and fry an egg to your liking. Set the egg atop the potatoes.
Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and diced avocado. Serve with salsa, or don't.

I would add some red & green bell peppers, definitely salsa, sour cream on the side! Need to make this ASAP & put into one of these bowls:

via Anthropologie, $24




No comments:

Post a Comment